STEM Coordinator – Open Position
The primary function of the STEM Coordinator is to provide school-wide support of the school’s STEM program through the coordination, development and delivery of STEM initiatives. This role collaborates, at all levels of the organization, on STEM activities and ensures that the initiatives are being implemented and utilized in alignment with the curriculum and behavior standards through professional development and training in the classrooms.
Reports Directly to the Director of Education
11 Month Education Model (School Year + ESY)
Monday – Friday
7 hours per day
Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education with concentration or secondary certification in Mathematics, Technology, or Engineering.
Must have Pennsylvania Special Education Certification.
A minimum of 3 yrs. experience teaching in a special education environment and 2 yrs. working in an administrative capacity as a coach or trainer. Demonstrated experience working with technology in a classroom environment. Experience working with students diagnosed with mental health disorders, including but not limited to Autism, Intellectual Disability, learning disabilities, and disruptive mood disorders required.
- Excellent communication and conferencing skills when working with both internal (peers and students) and external customers (parents, LEAs and School Districts). This position requires experience in organizing community outreach projects relative to STEM.
- Familiarity with grant writing.
- Ability to provide positive and inspirational leadership.
- Excellent technology skills.
- Solid working knowledge of standards-based curriculum development and its relationship to STEM in the classrooms.
- Ability to objectively observe, coach, and mentor peers.
- Ability to Manage Change.
- Ability to Provide a High Level of Customer Service.
- Ability to Provide Professional Services to both internal and external customers in a collaborative/team environment.
- Ability to be Innovative and Creative.
- Must comply with Act 168 and submit a completed Sexual Misconduct Form.
- Must to able obtain and maintain a satisfactory PA criminal background check, child abuse and FBI clearances.
- Must pass a drug test, as well as, a TB Test;
- Must be able and willing to drive and have a valid driver’s license.
This position requires a high level of energy. Physical activities can include both sitting and standing for long periods of time; lifting, climbing, bending/stooping, grasping and pulling. Must have full range of motion in order to provide possible emergency care and/or administer effective/safe CPI techniques. This position requires walking and could include working in both an indoor environment as well as an outdoor environment (cold/hot).
- Collaborative cross departmentally on STEM initiatives school wide as part of the school’s curriculum and the use of STEM in the classrooms.
- Assist the School Principal, Classroom Teachers and other school peer groups to design PBL’s (Project Based Learning) opportunities both on-site and off-site in alignment with the curriculum.
- Develop, organize, coordinate and provide trainings for administrators and staff related to STEM best practices, NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards) and Common Core Integration strategies and the assimilation into the classroom.
- Create educational STEM opportunities for students through community outreach and business partnerships.
- Support all educational staff to ensure that purchased/licensed curriculum is being utilized to its fullest potential.
- Support classroom teachers by providing technological and project based resources to encourage exciting, robust and multi-sensory learning.
- Evaluate, design and monitor policies to promote gender equality in STEM.
- Provide support and technical assistance to involved partners.
- Work with administration, guidance and teaching staff to enhance parent involvement.
- Participate in available STEM trainings and experience STEM topics.
- Collaborate with Transition and Career Coordinators and align curriculum to ensure integration of academic and technical education with 21st century skills.
- Collaborate with Pathway’s Development Team in the writing of STEM grants. Manage awarded grant funds and outcomes and oversee the compliance and reporting of grants. Establish implementation goals and timelines for grants
- Assist in the creation of marketing plans for STEM projects.
- Any other duties, consistent with the functions of my department and job description qualified to perform.
How To Apply
Apply for this job position today by submitting the below PDF application and resume to email@example.com.
It is the policy of The Pathway School to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or the presence of any disability.
In light of the rapidly increasing number of COVID-19 cases in our region, combined with two confirmed cases of COVID-19 on The Pathway School campus, we have made the difficult decision to close our campus to in-person instruction and transition...
As required by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, each school entity must create a Health and Safety Plan which will serve as a guideline for all instructional and non-instructional school reopening activities. This plan has been developed...
Dear Pathway Families: Here is a quick update for you from The Pathway School. Our ESY Summer Program begins this Monday, July 6th. I am sure the faculty has been in contact with you regarding your student’s schedule, etc. We have taken the lessons...
Learn more about The Pathway School
The mission of The Pathway School is to build academic, social, and life skills in students with special needs to promote their success and independence after Pathway.