Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
The DEI Committee is leading the way in fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for our Pathway Community.
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee’s purpose is to be positive influencers and change agents by executing standards that celebrate differences and promote opportunities for everyone at all levels of The Pathway School community.
About the Committee
DEI Committee consists of...
Pathway’s DEI Committee’s first meeting was at the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year and consists of 13 Pathway staff members with diverse backgrounds, races, and religions who hold different job positions and are from all levels in the organization.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Terms Defined
Diversity: All the ways people are different.
Equity: The various levels of assistance and support based on need.
Inclusion is equal access to opportunities and resources.
DEI Committee Initiatives
Initiatives defined by the committee are as follows:
- Evaluate current operation practices to ensure diversity/ inclusion
- Develop a plan to support everyone equally
- Fairness when issuing consequences to students
- Celebrating differences and strengths of individuals, groups, cultures
- Facilitate uncomfortable and honest conversations
- Improve diversity in leadership positions, staff, stud. body
- Recognize and reduce bias
- Improve communication or explanation for decision-making
- Equity and Equality on campus-division busters
- Help others find their voice
- Set standards to address the needs of female students
- Provide curriculum to be inclusive of both socioeconomic and ethnic diversity
** Initiatives of the DEI committee to be edited, changed or added upon as needed.
Learn more about The Pathway School
The mission of The Pathway School is to build academic, social, and life skills in students with special needs to promote their success and independence after Pathway.