Personal Care Assistant/ Therapeutic Support Staff
Personal Care Assistant/ Therapeutic Support Staff – Open Position
Primary function of the Personal Care Assistant (PCA) and Therapeutic Support Staff is to support a student one on one under the direction of a classroom teacher. The PCA will assist the student with assignments, during lunchtime, recess, and other times when instructed by the teacher.
Reports to their assigned School Principal
$25.00 – $30.00 per hour
Day Shift, Monday through Friday
- Will assist child, under the direction of the classroom teacher(s), in accomplishing their assignments, during lunchtime, recess, and other times when assigned by the teacher.
- Will assist in classroom management and routine school activities in a positive and supportive manner.
- Will implement specifically designed programs for students as designed by the programming.
- Will work collaboratively with teachers and students in maintaining Pathway’s Positive Behavior Support Program thru data collection and documentation.
- Will effectively monitor student safety and security throughout campus as assigned.
- Will have a high level of responsibility for student prompting and reinforcement.
- Will instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Will assist in the supervision of games and other recreational activities to promote physical, mental, and social development.
- May be required to assist student in off-site activities such as part-time, off-site job monitoring.
- Must comply with Act 168 and submit a completed Sexual Misconduct Form;
- Must able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory PA criminal background check, Child Abuse and FBI clearances;
- Must pass a drug test, as well as, a TB Test;
- Must have current Mandated Reporting, CPR and First Aid certifications;
- Must be able and willing to drive and have a valid driver’s license.COVID-19 considerations
- Testing of staff and students weekly. Mask Wearing. Hand Sanitizer Units all over campus. Social distancing in classrooms.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Norristown, PA 19403: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Student behavior management: 1 year (Required)
CPR Certification (Preferred)
How To Apply
Apply for this job position today by submitting the below PDF application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of The Pathway School to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or the presence of any disability.
Creating a PATH: Robotics Education for All
Bringing the world of STEM and robotics to special education students is now a reality at The Pathway School. We are excited to be one of the only programs in the FIRST Mid-Atlantic Robotics Competition for students solely with special education...
Alum to Pathway Success Partner
Jack Bateman, a Pathway student from 1981-1993, has maintained a professional career since graduating. He described how Pathway prepared him for his career working in maintenance: “Going to Pathway was like being a janitor with keys. Each key...
Pathway’s Student Emergency Needs Fund – How You Can Help
At The Pathway School, we don’t just educate students who learn differently. Of course, that’s a very big part of what we do, but our mission is to build the academic and social skills in our students so that they can be successful in life. Our...
Learn more about The Pathway School
The mission of The Pathway School is to build academic, social, and life skills in students with special needs to promote their success and independence after Pathway.