Personal Care Assistant/ Therapeutic Support Staff
Personal Care Assistant/ Therapeutic Support Staff – Open Position
Primary function of the Personal Care Assistant (PCA) and Therapeutic Support Staff is to support a student one on one under the direction of a classroom teacher. The PCA will assist the student with assignments, during lunchtime, recess, and other times when instructed by the teacher.
Reports to their assigned School Principal
$25.00 – $30.00 per hour
Day Shift, Monday through Friday
- Will assist child, under the direction of the classroom teacher(s), in accomplishing their assignments, during lunchtime, recess, and other times when assigned by the teacher.
- Will assist in classroom management and routine school activities in a positive and supportive manner.
- Will implement specifically designed programs for students as designed by the programming.
- Will work collaboratively with teachers and students in maintaining Pathway’s Positive Behavior Support Program thru data collection and documentation.
- Will effectively monitor student safety and security throughout campus as assigned.
- Will have a high level of responsibility for student prompting and reinforcement.
- Will instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Will assist in the supervision of games and other recreational activities to promote physical, mental, and social development.
- May be required to assist student in off-site activities such as part-time, off-site job monitoring.
- Must comply with Act 168 and submit a completed Sexual Misconduct Form;
- Must able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory PA criminal background check, Child Abuse and FBI clearances;
- Must pass a drug test, as well as, a TB Test;
- Must have current Mandated Reporting, CPR and First Aid certifications;
- Must be able and willing to drive and have a valid driver’s license.COVID-19 considerations
- Testing of staff and students weekly. Mask Wearing. Hand Sanitizer Units all over campus. Social distancing in classrooms.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Norristown, PA 19403: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Student behavior management: 1 year (Required)
CPR Certification (Preferred)
How To Apply
Apply for this job position today by submitting the below PDF application and resume to email@example.com.
It is the policy of The Pathway School to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or the presence of any disability.
We're excited to share our 2022-2023 Annual Philanthropy Report with you, and we are once again offering the report electronically to make it easier for you to access this important information. If you would like to receive a printed copy, we would...
At The Pathway School, innovation and creativity take center stage in our Theatre Arts Program. Spearheaded by Theatre Arts Coordinator, Mr. Pryor, our students have embarked on an exciting adventure creating their own adaptations of plays, adding...
The Pathway School’s 2022-2023 school year was nothing short of epic. Our students and staff went above and beyond to make this year extraordinary – let’s take a trip down memory lane to recap this past year. The year started off with a bang with...
Learn more about The Pathway School
The mission of The Pathway School is to build academic, social, and life skills in students with special needs to promote their success and independence after Pathway.