Job Coach – Open Position
Assist young adults in the Career Education Program by providing hands-on instruction, data-gathering and monitoring both on-campus and off-campus.
Education – Careers Department
Reports directly to the Supervisor of Career Education.
10 Month Position (6.5 hrs/day – 32.5 hrs/week).
High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required. Associate Degree in the Special Education, Business or Administration a plus.
Minimum of 3 yrs.’ experience working with young adults in a special needs/educational setting required. Experience implementing career education curriculum, through training and coaching, in both on-site and off-site career programs.
- Must comply with Act 168 and submit a completed Sexual Misconduct Form.
- Must able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory PA criminal background check, Child Abuse & FBI clearances and pass a drug test, as well as, a TB Test;
- Must be able and willing to drive and have a valid PA driver’s license.
- Must be able to read and write effectively due to instruction and data collecting requirements of the position;
- Ability to learn career education curriculum and apply in class setting both on-site and off-site;
- Willing to learn, understand and apply behavioral management strategies;
- Must be able to take direct, work in a team environment, as well as, work independently;
- Ability to Manage Change.
- Ability to Provide a High Level of Customer Service.
- Ability to Provide Professional Services to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to be Innovative and Creative.
Must be able to handle the physical requirements of position which will require work both
on-campus and off-campus. This position includes extensive walking, stair climbing,
standing, pulling and lifting. Ability to work with children who are both mentally and
physically disabled. This position requires work both indoors and outdoors working in
various weather climates.
- Provide support to students in the Career Education Program under the direction of the Supervisor of Career Education. Provide instruction, coaching and training to secondary students assigned to career education programs both on-site or off-site depending upon where needed;
- Administer the specific Career Education curriculum associated to the program assigned;
- Assist in preparing and organizing instructional materials as directed;
- Collect, maintain and communicate progress in assigned program(s);
- Collect, maintain and communicate student data;
- Provide instruction, coaching and training to secondary students assigned to Career Ed Program;
- Work to resolve obstacles to students in terms of job tasks, work performance, social interaction conflicts, changes in job expectations;
- As student develops job skills, move to indirect monitoring while role modeling employee behaviors;
- Participate in all required meetings including the school’s in-service training. May be asked to assist in the preparation and administration of in-service training;
- Ensure the safety and security of all students in program both on-campus and off-campus as assigned;
- Provide input to the Supervisor of Career Education for the purpose of providing information on student progress toward Career Education goals as written in their IEP;
- Transport students during regular school hours, as required, via the school vans;
- Any other duties, consistent with the functions of my department and job description, which I am qualified to perform, assigned by an appropriate supervisor.
How To Apply
Apply for this job position today by submitting the below PDF application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of The Pathway School to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or the presence of any disability.
At The Pathway School, innovation and creativity take center stage in our Theatre Arts Program. Spearheaded by Theatre Arts Coordinator, Mr. Pryor, our students have embarked on an exciting adventure creating their own adaptations of plays, adding...
The Pathway School’s 2022-2023 school year was nothing short of epic. Our students and staff went above and beyond to make this year extraordinary – let’s take a trip down memory lane to recap this past year. The year started off with a bang with...
Bringing the world of STEM and robotics to special education students is now a reality at The Pathway School. We are excited to be one of the only programs in the FIRST Mid-Atlantic Robotics Competition for students solely with special education...
Learn more about The Pathway School
The mission of The Pathway School is to build academic, social, and life skills in students with special needs to promote their success and independence after Pathway.