Development Associate – Open Position
The core function of this role is to assist the organization administratively in development (fundraising). The job duties are primarily in the areas of donor record management & reporting, fundraising support, event management, volunteer programs, and other activities that advance the school.
Development and Communications
Reports to the Director of Development and Communications
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field required, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of (4) four years’ experience working in a non-profit environment required. Some experience in donor or client relationships is a plus. Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)and strong internet skills, including Outlook Email, required. Experience with collaboration platforms, such as Microsoft Teams, is a plus;
- Experience with Donor databases required (DonorPerfect a plus).
Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory PA criminal background check. Must be able and willing to drive and have a valid driver’s license. Must have valid child abuse and FBI clearances. Must be physically able to assist in student emergency situations and have certification in CPR and First Aid.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have the ability to work with all forms of communication including but not limited to telephone, video communication, and other forms of electronic communications.
- Must have good verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have an affinity for collaborating with multiple departments and staff at all levels.
- Must be willing to participate in evening meetings and during weekend hours on occasion.
- Must create and embrace change by eagerly adapting to new situations. This requires the ability to be flexible and respond positively to change;
- Must demonstrate the desire to provide excellent customer service to students, parents, colleagues and all internal/external customers as a priority;
- Must possess good interpersonal and written communication skills, as well as a high level of professionalism;
- Must seek to improve individual and program performance thru continuous improvement and the introduction of new ideas, methods, processes, products, services and technologies.
- This position requires a high level of energy. Physical activities can include both sitting and standing for long periods of time, lifting, climbing, bending/stooping, grasping, and pulling;
- This position requires walking and could include working in both an indoor environment as well as an outdoor environment (cold/hot).
- Assist the Director of Development with the administrative tasks needed to fundraise and increase the donor base. This may include annual, planned and major gift programs.
- Assist coordinating meetings with donors and prospective donors to create and foster relationships.
- Assist in all aspects of the School’s annual fund-raising events, including sponsor solicitation, auction items solicitation, planning and facilitation of event and post-event activities.
- Assist with coordination of other events throughout the year including but not limited to Literacy Celebration Week, Volunteer Days of Service, and other volunteer activities.
- Assist in all aspects of the School’s donor cultivation and donor gratitude activities.
- Assist in foundation and major donor prospect research and assist as needed with grant submissions and related activities.
- Assist the Director and Senior Communications Specialist in creation of development-specific materials for use in mailings, online, etc.
- Provide all required administrative support to the Director of Development & Communications which includes but is not limited to entering donations, maintaining donor records, running reports from the DonorPerfect database, coordinating with the Finance Department, providing mailing lists for fundraising appeals and other mailings, assisting with the development of fundraising communications, and communication with donors and corporate partners as needed.
- Assist the director with fundraising activities including the school’s annual fund campaigns, staff campaigns, general annual giving, institutional (foundations) and corporate giving, special events, and corporate sponsorships.
How To Apply
Apply for this job position today by submitting the below PDF application and resume to email@example.com.
It is the policy of The Pathway School to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or the presence of any disability.
Creating a PATH: Robotics Education for All
Bringing the world of STEM and robotics to special education students is now a reality at The Pathway School. We are excited to be one of the only programs in the FIRST Mid-Atlantic Robotics Competition for students solely with special education...
Alum to Pathway Success Partner
Jack Bateman, a Pathway student from 1981-1993, has maintained a professional career since graduating. He described how Pathway prepared him for his career working in maintenance: “Going to Pathway was like being a janitor with keys. Each key...
Pathway’s Student Emergency Needs Fund – How You Can Help
At The Pathway School, we don’t just educate students who learn differently. Of course, that’s a very big part of what we do, but our mission is to build the academic and social skills in our students so that they can be successful in life. Our...
Learn more about The Pathway School
The mission of The Pathway School is to build academic, social, and life skills in students with special needs to promote their success and independence after Pathway.