Communications Internship – Fall 2022
Primary function of the Communications intern is to assist the Senior Communications Specialist with any communications, writing, and digital media needs for the school.
This position reports directly to the Senior Communications Specialist and Director of Development & Communications
Position Schedule and Pay
8-12 hours a week for class internship credits or for compensation.
Undergraduate or master’s student who is currently enrolled at a local college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
Qualifying Majors of Study
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Digital Media, Advertising, Marketing, or similar degrees
- Perform social media market research to develop new ideas for Pathway’s social media accounts
- Assist with social media posting, scheduling, and digital media creation
- Write articles and press releases for Pathway’s website and newsletter
- Assist with communication campaign development for advertising and marketing outreach
- Photography and video assistance
- Development of new digital media and storytelling ideas
- Researching foundations to support funding needs for the school
- Assist in preparation and coordination for school and development events
What can you expect from this internship?
- Career training in your program of study and networking opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
- Portfolio samples and examples for your future job search
- Unique and fun work experience in a non-profit school organization
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Familiarity and knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and TikTok
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Highly organized and task-oriented
- MS Office applications proficiency (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to Deven Samson, Senior Communications Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of The Pathway School to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or the presence of any disability.
At The Pathway School, we don’t just educate students who learn differently. Of course, that’s a very big part of what we do, but our mission is to build the academic and social skills in our students so that they can be successful in life. Our...
To begin the new school year, one of our corporate supporters, AppSpace, partnered with Jenna’s Blessing Bags to donate backpacks, school supplies, and hygiene kits to our Lower School Students ages 5-15. With this donation, every Lower School...
Dear Pathway Supporter, Each year we share with you our Annual Philanthropy Report. This year for your convenience, we are again offering it electronically. If you would like a printed copy, we would be happy to send one to you. Instructions to...
Learn more about The Pathway School
The mission of The Pathway School is to build academic, social, and life skills in students with special needs to promote their success and independence after Pathway.