Classroom Teacher Floater
Classroom Teacher Floater – Open Position
Primary function of the Classroom Teacher Floater is to support the school’s classroom environment on an as needed basis throughout the school year. Role is determined daily based upon need.
Reports to the Director of Education with indirect report to the School Principal’s
Bachelor’s Degree in special education from an accredited college or university.
- Pennsylvania State Special Education Certification is required.
A minimum of 1 yr. experience in a special education environment as a Special Education Classroom Teacher. Experience working with students who may have significant social and emotional needs.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory PA criminal background check. Must be able and willing to drive and have a valid driver’s license. Must have valid child abuse and FBI clearances. Must be physically able to assist in student emergency situations and have certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Ability to provide diagnostic testing and function as part of diagnostic team process.
- Ability to work with Individualized Education Plans (IEP’s).
- Ability to learn and apply Pathway’s school-wide Positive Behavior
- Demonstrated ability to work with students that have moderate to severe social and emotional difficulties.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt curriculum to meet students’ learning needs as well as motivate students to engage in the learning process.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established procedures when students are in crisis.
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate with parents, school districts, related service providers and paraprofessional staff to meet student needs.
- Ability to Manage Change.
- Ability to Provide a High Level of Customer Service.
- Ability to Provide Professional Services to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to be Innovative and Creative.
This position requires a high level of energy. Physical activities can include both sitting and standing for long periods of time; lifting, climbing, bending/stooping, grasping and pulling. Must have full range of motion in order to provide possible emergency care and/or administer effective/safe CPI techniques. This position requires walking and could include working in both an indoor environment as well as an outdoor environment (cold/hot).
- Ability to quickly adapt to the new classroom environment, review and implement prepared lesson plans and curriculum relative to the classroom assigned.
- Assist in the development of Individualized Education Plans (IEP) for student(s) when required.
- Assist in any revision(s) of an IEP, when required, subject to established procedures.
- Work collaboratively with related services, special education, or clinical assessment information, when needed and if requested by classroom teacher relative to the classroom assigned.
- Provide individual assistance and direction to students in learning, counseling, and classroom management situations.
- Assist in the maintenance of IEP’s, assessment data and evaluation data.
- Provide classroom management to classroom assigned by ensuring that staff participating in the classroom (PCA’s, TSS staff and any others) clearly understand their roles, tasks, and IEP responsibilities.
- May assist in preparing classroom lesson plans.
- Instruct assigned students according to the established IEP goals, designated objectives, and Pennsylvania curriculum guidelines.
- Maintain appropriate student discipline adhering to all Pathway-supported therapeutic models.
- Participate in daily debriefing(s) and/or meeting(s) when needed.
- May prepare for and contribute to student team meetings, parent-team conferences, and IEP planning meetings.
- Participate in ongoing staff development training programs.
- May be asked to administer informal and standardized educational tests.
- Will track student attendance.
- May be asked to participate in the development of curriculum and instructional materials.
- Any other duties, consistent with the functions of my department and job description, which I am qualified to perform, assigned by an appropriate supervisor.
How To Apply
Apply for this job position today by submitting the below PDF application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of The Pathway School to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or the presence of any disability.
In an exciting adventure beyond the classroom, Upper School student Emryk has become The Pathway School's first ambassador for the PECO Energy Force Program. This program partners with local nonprofits to train young adults with developmental...
The Pathway School Receives Eagles Autism Foundation Grant for Innovative Autistic Support Classroom Program
The Pathway School’s new Autistic Support Classroom program is supported by a grant from Eagles Autism Foundation. Pathway is ecstatic to become a community grant partner. Pathway’s Autistic Support Classroom is designed for students who have...
At The Pathway School, we are committed to ensuring that no one in our community faces hardship alone. Our Emergency Student Needs Fund provides short-term support to Pathway students and families in need of essentials like food, clothing,...
Learn more about The Pathway School
The mission of The Pathway School is to build academic, social, and life skills in students with special needs to promote their success and independence after Pathway.