Board Certified Behavior Analyst – BCBA
Board Certified Behavior Analyst – BCBA (Autistic Support) – Open Position
The primary function is to be responsible for the completion of behavioral assessments, the development of intervention programs, data collection and analysis, team collaboration and training to assist program personnel in managing student behaviors within an educational setting and consistent with the PBIS framework.
Reports to the Director of Clinical/Behavior Services
11-month schedule (Education model/ School Year + ESY)
Monday thru Friday, 7.5 hours per day
- Master’s degree in applied Behavior Analysis or related field;
- Must have BCBA.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in behavior management relative to a special education environment, consulting in a school environment with a successful track record of data collection, observation, analysis and mentoring/coaching.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience creating behavioral programming for students with Autism.
- VB-MAPP experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive skills in behavioral assessment and positive behavior support plan development.
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team atmosphere.
- Must exhibit consultative qualities relative to coaching and mentoring.
- Experience working with students with autism, emotional/behavioral disorders, and/or intellectual disabilities.
- Will need to attain certification in crisis prevention and safety holds.
- Ability to Manage Change (flexibility);
- Ability to Provide a High Level of Customer Service (collaborate, negotiate and problem-solve);
- Ability to Provide Professional Services to both internal and external customers (approachability and positive leadership);
- Ability to be Innovative and Creative.
- Must comply with Act 168 and submit a completed Sexual Misconduct Form.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory PA criminal background check, Child Abuse & FBI clearances and pass a drug test, as well as a TB Test (within last 3 months).
- Must be able and willing to drive and have a valid PA driver’s license.
This position requires a high level of energy. Physical activities can include both sitting and standing for long periods of time; lifting, climbing, bending/stooping, grasping and pulling. Must have full range of motion in order to provide possible emergency care and/or administer effective/safety techniques. This position requires walking and could include working in both an indoor environment as well as an outdoor environment (cold/hot).
- Acts as primary BCBA for Autistic Support Program, to include the collection and analysis of behavioral data to develop Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs) and Positive Behavior Support Plans (PBSPs), and support classroom instruction/programming.
- Reviews student records, conducts observations across settings, conducts interviews and assessments with family members and/or team members to develop Functional Behavior Assessments and Positive Behavior Support Plans, which will be implemented as part of the student’s IEP.
- Supervises Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs), and supports Behavior Interventionists, PCAs and education staff in the proper application of the PBSP. This includes training to assist in the implementation of these plans.
- Provides oversight of the collection of behavioral data, analysis and reporting conducted by the behavior team and education staff. Adapts behavioral targets and goals based on data.
- Responds to requests for consultations and evaluations related to students’ behaviors.
- Consults and collaborates with IEP team members to review behavioral data from FBAs and progress monitoring and assess the integrity of implemented behavior program and plan specific to the students under review.
- Provides observations and recommendations for potential student admissions, relative to the student’s behavioral needs.
- Provides in-home consultations as needed to support programming consistency across settings.
- Performs any other duties consistent with the functions for which qualified, as assigned by an appropriate supervisor.
How To Apply
Apply at Get.Hired@pathwayschool.org. Please indicate the Job Posting that you are applying to by providing HR with the Job Title in your email. If you are being referred by a Pathway employee, please indicate who referred you.
It is the policy of The Pathway School to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or the presence of any disability.
In an exciting adventure beyond the classroom, Upper School student Emryk has become The Pathway School's first ambassador for the PECO Energy Force Program. This program partners with local nonprofits to train young adults with developmental...
The Pathway School Receives Eagles Autism Foundation Grant for Innovative Autistic Support Classroom Program
The Pathway School’s new Autistic Support Classroom program is supported by a grant from Eagles Autism Foundation. Pathway is ecstatic to become a community grant partner. Pathway’s Autistic Support Classroom is designed for students who have...
At The Pathway School, we are committed to ensuring that no one in our community faces hardship alone. Our Emergency Student Needs Fund provides short-term support to Pathway students and families in need of essentials like food, clothing,...
Learn more about The Pathway School
The mission of The Pathway School is to build academic, social, and life skills in students with special needs to promote their success and independence after Pathway.