School Psychologist - Open Position
Pathway’s Clinical & Behavioral Services Department is currently looking to establish School Psychologist. Their primary functions would be completing re-evaluation reports, performs psychological testing and psycho-educational testing as needed. As well as, providing individual and group counseling, consultation to support staff in other departments, and crisis intervention as needed.
Clinical & Behavioral Department
Education Model – 10-Month Schedule (School Year).
Monday – Friday, 7.5 hrs./day (37.5 hrs./week)
Reports to the Director of Clinical & Behavior Services
- Minimum Master’s Degree in School Psychology required.
- Must have PA or National Certification as a School Psychologist.
- Strong background working in an educational setting preferred.
- At least 1 year of professional experience working in the field of school psychology, or providing psychological services to children, adolescents and/or young adults.
- Experience with students diagnosed with mental health disorders, including but not limited to autism, intellectual disability, learning disorders, disruptive behavior and mood disorders preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong understanding of the re-evaluation and individual education plan process.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students that have moderate to severe social-emotional, behavioral and/or cognitive difficulties that impact their ability to access their education.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft and Google word processing applications. Experience with IEP Writer a plus.
- School-based counseling and/or behavioral health experience required.
- Ability to be flexible and manage change;
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service;
- Ability to provide professional services to both internal and external customers in a collaborative/team environment;
- Ability to be an innovative and creative problem solver.
- Must comply with Act 168 and submit a completed Sexual Misconduct Form;
- Must able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory PA criminal background check; Child Abuse & FBI clearances and pass a drug test, as well as a TB Test;
- Must present valid COVID Vaccination and Booster Record upon hire. Medical and Religious Exemption permitted with supporting documentation.
- Must be able and willing to drive and have a valid PA driver’s license.
This position requires a high level of energy. Physical activities can include both sitting and standing for long periods of time; lifting, climbing, bending/stooping, grasping and pulling. Must have full range of motion in
order to provide possible emergency care and/or administer effective/safe CPI techniques. This position requires walking and could include working in both an indoor environment as well as an outdoor environment (cold/hot).
- Performs re-evaluations of the cognitive, academic, social-emotional development, etc. of students using techniques including but not limited to formal testing, interviewing, and direct observation.
- Provides consultation to all stakeholders regarding the evaluation process and services to students within the Pathway School.
- Assists special education staff in developing and implementing intervention strategies for students.
- Contributes to the individual educational program by making placement, service, and referral recommendations; follows-up on students’ placement, adjustment and achievement by consulting with school staff, parents and outside service agencies.
- Prepares and maintains student records so as to be in compliance with expected timelines.
- Serves as a resource person to special education teachers and other professional/paraprofessional staff members engaged in the delivery of programs and services to special education students.
- Participates in all mandatory trainings and team meetings.
- Upholds certification requirements such as continuing education credits.
- Conducts risk-assessments when requested by staff, administrators, etc.
- Provides individual and group counseling, consultation and crisis intervention as needed.
- Participates in interviewing potential students and families to determine if they are appropriate for placement at Pathway. Attends follow-up discussions with members of the admissions and education staff.
- Participates in staff and family training activities.
- Represents The Pathway School at community and professional meetings, conferences, and conventions; participates in seminars and in-service training programs at Pathway.
- Contributes information to students’ IEPs and re-evaluation reports; determines need for and writes counseling IEP goals for the students on their caseloads; reports progress on the IEP goals on a quarterly basis.
- May supervise School Psychology interns.
- Performs other duties, consistent with the functions of the Clinical & Behavioral Services Department and as qualified to perform.
How to Apply
Apply at Get.Hired@pathwayschool.org. Please indicate the Job Posting that you are applying to by providing HR with the Job Title in your email. If you are being referred by a Pathway employee, please indicate who referred you.
It is the policy of The Pathway School to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or the presence of any disability.
To the Pathway School Community: It pains me to have to write another email like this, but after the events of the past few days (Buffalo, NY and Uvalde, TX) I feel compelled to write and describe the safety measures in place at our school. One of...
This past December, two of Pathway’s 8th-grade students, Eli and Hezekiah, took on the project of making Pathway's recycling program more visible and more robust as part of their school Merit project. They both want to see The Pathway School become...
Syheem Curry enrolled at The Pathway School in the fall of 2017 and continues to brighten the day of all of those who are around him with his warm and comforting smile. Even during the COVID-19 Pandemic, when masks prevent us from seeing his mouth,...
Learn more about The Pathway School
The mission of The Pathway School is to build academic, social, and life skills in students with special needs to promote their success and independence after Pathway.