School Psychologist - Open Position
Pathway’s Clinical & Behavioral Services Department is currently looking to establish School Psychologist. Their primary functions would be completing re-evaluation reports, performs psychological testing and psycho-educational testing as needed. As well as, providing individual and group counseling, consultation to support staff in other departments, and crisis intervention as needed.
Clinical & Behavioral Department
Education Model – 10-Month Schedule (School Year).
Monday – Friday, 7.5 hrs./day (37.5 hrs./week)
Reports to the Director of Clinical & Behavior Services
- Minimum Master’s Degree in School Psychology required.
- Must have PA or National Certification as a School Psychologist.
- Strong background working in an educational setting preferred.
- At least 1 year of professional experience working in the field of school psychology, or providing psychological services to children, adolescents and/or young adults.
- Experience with students diagnosed with mental health disorders, including but not limited to autism, intellectual disability, learning disorders, disruptive behavior and mood disorders preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong understanding of the re-evaluation and individual education plan process.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students that have moderate to severe social-emotional, behavioral and/or cognitive difficulties that impact their ability to access their education.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft and Google word processing applications. Experience with IEP Writer a plus.
- School-based counseling and/or behavioral health experience required.
- Ability to be flexible and manage change;
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service;
- Ability to provide professional services to both internal and external customers in a collaborative/team environment;
- Ability to be an innovative and creative problem solver.
- Must comply with Act 168 and submit a completed Sexual Misconduct Form;
- Must able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory PA criminal background check; Child Abuse & FBI clearances and pass a drug test, as well as a TB Test;
- Must present valid COVID Vaccination and Booster Record upon hire. Medical and Religious Exemption permitted with supporting documentation.
- Must be able and willing to drive and have a valid PA driver’s license.
This position requires a high level of energy. Physical activities can include both sitting and standing for long periods of time; lifting, climbing, bending/stooping, grasping and pulling. Must have full range of motion in
order to provide possible emergency care and/or administer effective/safe CPI techniques. This position requires walking and could include working in both an indoor environment as well as an outdoor environment (cold/hot).
- Performs re-evaluations of the cognitive, academic, social-emotional development, etc. of students using techniques including but not limited to formal testing, interviewing, and direct observation.
- Provides consultation to all stakeholders regarding the evaluation process and services to students within the Pathway School.
- Assists special education staff in developing and implementing intervention strategies for students.
- Contributes to the individual educational program by making placement, service, and referral recommendations; follows-up on students’ placement, adjustment and achievement by consulting with school staff, parents and outside service agencies.
- Prepares and maintains student records so as to be in compliance with expected timelines.
- Serves as a resource person to special education teachers and other professional/paraprofessional staff members engaged in the delivery of programs and services to special education students.
- Participates in all mandatory trainings and team meetings.
- Upholds certification requirements such as continuing education credits.
- Conducts risk-assessments when requested by staff, administrators, etc.
- Provides individual and group counseling, consultation and crisis intervention as needed.
- Participates in interviewing potential students and families to determine if they are appropriate for placement at Pathway. Attends follow-up discussions with members of the admissions and education staff.
- Participates in staff and family training activities.
- Represents The Pathway School at community and professional meetings, conferences, and conventions; participates in seminars and in-service training programs at Pathway.
- Contributes information to students’ IEPs and re-evaluation reports; determines need for and writes counseling IEP goals for the students on their caseloads; reports progress on the IEP goals on a quarterly basis.
- May supervise School Psychology interns.
- Performs other duties, consistent with the functions of the Clinical & Behavioral Services Department and as qualified to perform.
How to Apply
Apply at Get.Hired@pathwayschool.org. Please indicate the Job Posting that you are applying to by providing HR with the Job Title in your email. If you are being referred by a Pathway employee, please indicate who referred you.
It is the policy of The Pathway School to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or the presence of any disability.
Creating a PATH: Robotics Education for All
Bringing the world of STEM and robotics to special education students is now a reality at The Pathway School. We are excited to be one of the only programs in the FIRST Mid-Atlantic Robotics Competition for students solely with special education...
Alum to Pathway Success Partner
Jack Bateman, a Pathway student from 1981-1993, has maintained a professional career since graduating. He described how Pathway prepared him for his career working in maintenance: “Going to Pathway was like being a janitor with keys. Each key...
Pathway’s Student Emergency Needs Fund – How You Can Help
At The Pathway School, we don’t just educate students who learn differently. Of course, that’s a very big part of what we do, but our mission is to build the academic and social skills in our students so that they can be successful in life. Our...
Learn more about The Pathway School
The mission of The Pathway School is to build academic, social, and life skills in students with special needs to promote their success and independence after Pathway.