School Nurse – Open Position
Contract School Nurse Needed for the 2020-21 School Year (possibility of full-time permanent position in the 2021-22 School Year) Responsible for working with Pathway’s School Nurse in providing students, 6-21 yrs. of age, with basic health services throughout the school day which includes managing students who have chronic health conditions and/or disabilities; giving student’s medication as needed; working with parents; and, assisting teachers with student care plans.
Reports Directly to the Director of Education
Full-time, Monday – Friday, 7.5 hours per day
Graduate of an approved School of Nursing with RN or LPN license. BLS/CPR Certification required. Minimum 2 years’ experience providing nursing care to students in a school-setting or adolescents Experience in a special education environment a plus.
Must comply with Act 168 and submit a completed Sexual Misconduct Form.
Must to able obtain and maintain a satisfactory PA criminal background check, child abuse and FBI clearances. Must pass a drug test, as well as, a TB Test;
Must be able and willing to drive and have a valid driver’s license.
This position requires a high level of energy. Physical activities can include both sitting and standing for long periods of time; lifting, climbing, bending/stooping, grasping and pulling. Must have full range of motion in order to provide possible emergency care and/or administer effective/safe CPI techniques. This position requires walking and could include working in both an indoor environment as well as an outdoor environment (cold/hot).
- Assist the School Nurse in promoting and protecting the optimal health status of school-age children in a special education environment.
- Assist with health assessments. Work with parents to obtain student health history as needed.
- Screen and evaluate findings of deficit in vision, hearing, growth, etc.
- Distribution of student medications.
- Identify abnormal health findings.
- Assist in the implementation of student health plans.
- Utilize existing health resources to provide appropriate care of students.
- Assist School Nurse in maintaining health data to accommodate the individual needs of students
- Plan and implement school health management protocols
- Assist in the control of communicable diseases.
- Provide health education and anticipatory guidance.
- Serve as a resource person to the school staff members in health instruction.
How To Apply
Apply for this job position today by submitting the below PDF application and resume to email@example.com.
It is the policy of The Pathway School to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or the presence of any disability.
Dear Pathway Families: Over the last several weeks, my leadership team and I have met regarding our campus reopening plans. Additionally, I have been in contact with the state and local Departments of Health regarding guidance to schools during the...
This past holiday season, Pathway assisted 18 Pathway School families through our Helping Hands Project. Each year, The Pathway staff and community support our families who are in need of food, clothing, and gifts during the holidays. Since the...
Pathway Upper School student Jhon placed first nationally by answering 999/1000 questions correct in a national Sumdog contest. This mathematics competition was held between December 11th and December 17th. Jhon competed against 8,642 other...
Learn more about The Pathway School
The mission of The Pathway School is to build academic, social, and life skills in students with special needs to promote their success and independence after Pathway.