Personal Care Assistant
Personal Care Assistant – Open Position
Primary function of the Personal Care Assistant (PCA) is to support a student one on one under the direction of a classroom teacher. The PCA will assist the student with assignments, during lunchtime, recess, and other times when instructed by the teacher.
Reports to their assigned School Principal
- Candidate will assist Classroom Teachers in providing a challenging and successful academic experience for students by working in a therapeutic learning environment with a Pathway student on a one-on-one basis.
- Will assist child, under the direction of classroom teacher(s), in accomplishing their assignments, during lunchtime, recess and other times when assigned by the teacher.
- Will assist in classroom management and routine school activities in a positive and supportive manner.
- Will implement specifically designed programs for students as designed by the programming.
- Will work collaboratively with teacher and students in maintaining Pathway’s Positive Behavior Support Program thru data collection and documentation.
- Will effectively monitor student safety and security throughout campus as assigned.
- Will have a high level of responsibility for student prompting and reinforcement.
- Will instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Will assist in the supervision of games and other recreational activities to promote physical, mental, and social development.
- May be required to assist student in off-site activities such as part-time, off-site job monitoring.
- Must comply with Act 168 and submit a completed Sexual Misconduct Form;
- Must able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory PA criminal background check, Child Abuse and FBI clearances;
- Must pass a drug test, as well as, a TB Test;
- Must have current Mandated Reporting, CPR and First Aid certifications;
- Must be able and willing to drive and have a valid driver’s license.
How To Apply
Apply for this job position today by submitting the below PDF application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of The Pathway School to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or the presence of any disability.
Dear Pathway Community, On Thursday, October 14th, two students on our campus tested positive for COVID-19. These test results were confirmed twice through testing and re-testing. We have completed our thorough contact tracing procedure and have...
Article by: Dr. Kara Fawley, Director of Clinical and Behavioral Services, The Pathway School The transition back to school can be challenging in the best of years, but our students have been grappling with 18 months of uncertainty, isolation, and...
The Pathway School is committed to operate on-campus and in-person for all or most of the 2021-22 school year. To this end, we have created a Health and Safety Plan that includes up-to-date guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and...
Learn more about The Pathway School
The mission of The Pathway School is to build academic, social, and life skills in students with special needs to promote their success and independence after Pathway.